Sam - Fallsington, Pennsylvania
Themes: prejudice

I believe in God. I believe there’s a part of God in everyone. This doesn’t mean I feel like talking about God 24/7. Sometimes people try to “enlighten” me, and I just want to tell them to shut up. I go to my Quaker meeting every Sunday, that doesn’t mean “turn me into a prophet.” I have a Bible, that doesn’t mean I’m going to be a minister or the pope.

I follow most of the testimonies of Quakerism, and I’m very devoted to making a contribution to my meeting. But I don’t want this to hang over my head in the future as something against me. That I’m like the Quaker stereotypes (none that are true). I try not to use stereotypes on other religions because I know that these stereotypes are probably a bunch of lies.

I believe that everyone has the right to their own religion. So don’t give them crap about it. Most peoples’ religions are sacred to them. And for the people who don’t have religions, Agnostic, or Atheist, they have the right to not believe in something or not be sure of what they believe in. I also believe that people don’t have to have the same beliefs as their family does. My dad converted to Quakerism, but his mother was Episcopalian. She didn’t disown him or anything like that because she loved him.

Whether it’s Judaism, Christianity, Hindu, or whatever; people shouldn’t be discriminated for what they believe. This is what I believe.