Nancy - Daytona Beach, Florida

I was raised on Long Island, NY, a normal blue collar family. Although from a Catholic background, we were never really “practicing” catholics. Which I guess means we did not attend church regularly, talk about religion in our home, etc.. My father died in 1975, I was 19 years old. Before that I never really thought that much about God, heaven or an afterlife. I actually thought it was a safe haven that the world created for themselves, sort of a comfort zone. I mean it sounds a heck of alot better than six feet under in a box with dirt thrown on top of you. I thought alot about god and heaven after my father died, and I decided it was a much more comforting to think he was in “heaven” with God, angels and those who had passed before him. Heck it was alot better than thinking about the box and the dirt! Many years went by and my belief faded. I went through a terrible divorce in 1985. Shallow relationships for 11 years after and was very lonely. Thank goodness for my two daughters which kept me going. I began to pray, (to whom I’m not quite sure). I prayed and prayed for a wonderful person to come into my life who I could worship and cherish and would think the sun rose and set in me. This was really the “only” thing I ever did pray for. Probably for about 7 years. Well…my prayers were answered, no white horse, no shining armor, but he thinks I am a “goddess” as my sister puts it. He treats me like I am the last woman on earth. He has a heart of solid gold, the size of Texas. This I believe is my mircle from god.