Angela - Vista, California

This I believe. My thoughts are my own possessions that no one else can have. No one else can speak my thoughts or tell me what to say.

It’s comforting to know that no one else has my thoughts. That no one can tell me what I should think or how I should feel. I take comfort in knowing that I can experience things on my own and express myself how I want to.

I choose to say to what I want to say and I try to always say what I mean. My words come from my heart and they are what I feel. But sometimes I just can’t find the right words to express how I feel or what I think, but they are my words none-the-less.

I feel that as human beings, we have been conditioned to say things that we may not mean. I know that I have said things before that I did not mean, and I regret doing that.

We have been taught to conform. We have been taught to “go with the flow”. Now there’s nothing wrong with going with the flow, I know it’s nice to just take life on cruise control… But haven’t you ever felt like going against the current and thinking how you want to think or saying what you want to say?

I believe that people shouldn’t cover up how they feel. Now, I’m not saying that you should say every little thought that pops into your head, that doesn’t work, believe me, I know from experience that that doesn’t work. But if I don’t have anything nice to say, I know that I should be quiet. But I try and make it a point to be honest to people and say what I want to say.

I like to think that I’m an individual. That I have my own thoughts and that no one can tell me how I should think. But I know better than that. People are constantly telling me what I should do, how I should think, how I should feel, or what I should say. And sometimes I don’t know what it is right and what is wrong, or who I should listen to and who I should ignore. But I know one thing for sure, and it may be the only thing that I do know, that it is up to me to decide on how I think and who I am.