Colby - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: purpose, question

I Believe

This is a challenging paper for me because I am not a strong believer in anything. I suppose that means I am a strong believer in staying neutral. I am mostly neutral because I think that it is the best way to be. I am neutral, also, so no one can pick me to take sides. Too many people in this world get into arguments because they believe too strongly in something and the other person or side believes too strongly in the opposite.

I do believe in logic. I mean, I do believe that the sun will come up tomorrow, but that is just logic. Whether I believe it or not, the sun will still rise tomorrow. Believing is nothing to me; it is all just logic and the way you look at things. Other people believe in believing in things. For example, if some one was ready to take a 3 pointer and they said to themselves that they truly believed it would go in and they really thought if they believed hard enough, that it would go in. Well, one person might have made that shot after believing to themselves that it would go in and they passed it on to other people, but in reality, it was just chance.

A man once said, “I believe in peace on earth.” Well, that man was a hippy and he believed in things that are not going to happen no matter how much he believes. I don’t like hippies because they don’t stop believing. That is their way of life. They just don’t understand logic no matter how much you explain it to them. Then again, I don’t want to label people, so I won’t say that is all hippies. That is the best I can do for my opinion paper about beliefs.