Kelly - Richboro, Pennsylvania

As a teenager living life in high school, I believe that to make those four years as memorable as possible by living in the moment.

I have run track all my life and not until my sophomore year in high school did the dream of all athletes come true. I was part of a four person relay team who competed in the State Championship Meet.

We arrived at the track and got a feel for how things were going. We had raced the day before, but today was the day we raced for the gold. We had the chance to win it all, but the outcomes of a track meet can never be predicted.

I was nervous as we lined up for the race. I was scared yet confident, and I visualized myself running around the track and pumping my arms as fast as I could. I got the baton and took off, I finished my lap and handed off to the last girl. At that moment I knew I ran the best race of my life and no one could tell me different. The race finished only moments later. We had come in second. I was beyond thrilled! As a sophomore finishing second in the state is a title most people do not have.

The smile on my face lasted all the way home, and through the next week in school. I lived every moment of the event to its fullest. I placed the medal in a special spot in my room and every time I look at the medal the same smile comes back to me.

This experience has made me believe stronger in to enjoy life and live it in each moment. If I had been upset that we didn’t win, or down because next year it wouldn’t be the same, the memory would be different. Competing in the state meet was a huge experience for me, but this event has taught me to take risks and always worry. Be excited when the time is right, say silly things, go out on a school night and make the most of four years that travel by so fast.

I believe to live each moment to its fullest.