Carl - Ivey, Georgia
Age Group: 65+

I belive, that to most of us, age is relative. At 21 I thought or believed that anyone over forty was OLD. Now that I am 78 , I do not believe that anyone is old. Some of us ar just more mature than others. I get up at 6 am every morning and go to the neighborhood convience store, have coffee and a biscuit, conversation with the younger( and less mature) who are on there way to work. Then I walk a mile and go home and do what ever I feel like for the rest of the day. I feel like doing my own repairs to my home, climb up on the roof to clean gutters etc. Shinny up trees to tie them off before cutting them down for my fire wood. And I frequently cut neighbors lawns who less active than myself and do carpentry and plumbing repairs for them. As I said age is relative to most of us. But I do not feel any age, especially do not feel 78.

This is not because I am in excellent health or pain free. I have 16 scars on my body. One gun shot wound and one pucncture wound and the rest I layed down and let a doctor operate on me. I have had Heart bypass, arm , hand shoulder and back surgery and had ssome vital part of my body removed I do not car to discuss. I age the same as everyone else, first thing in the morning I am zero and when I lie down at night somewhere between 78 and 1000. I am young enough to attend a 60th high School Reunion and notice how old everyone else has gotten. I do notice the news pring has gotten smaller, steps higher and my kid of a wife has shrunk some of my clothes. Got to RUN now !