Dustin - Vista, California
Themes: work

I believe in hard work. Since I started my first day of school, I have worked hard to achieve the highest academic goals I could. By doing this, I knew that it would take me one step closer getting into a decent college. Fortunately, it has. While I spend my time at college, I will work hard there as well. This will help me ultimately in the end to become financially stable. Going through school is no walk in the park, especially for those who have chosen to later on attend a school of higher education. Advanced classes require much more time and effort than regular. Those who have attended these classes show that they care about the future, and hope to earn a high paying job to ensure their financial stability. I don’t care what anyone says, noting is for free. In this world in order to survive, working hard is the key. Things should be earned, not given. Those who put their time in something and those who put in hard work are those who should be given a piece of the pie. (Actually, those are the ones who have earned a piece of the pie). Necessities and all other items should be worked for. I also believe that those who work hard for something shouldn’t have to give away what they have earned. It is nobody’s right to take away what others have gained. It is the American dream to work hard and to pursue happiness which I have been striving to do. It is not the American dream to work hard and give away earnings to those who have sat on their behind and watched others spend the hours of the day either doing manual or mental labor. What type of work one does does not matter. Whether it is digging a ditch or running a business company, all labor is a form of work. Sure, one may be paid more that the other, but that is beside the point. As long as someone is out there working, it shows that they care. People have been working since the beginning of time. Freebies are nice every once in a while, but it is not right to live off them. Those who do live off freebies are taking advantage of the system.