Diane - Rochester, New York

I believe that daily almost everyone can make a conscious effort to improve the quality of life. This can be done with a smile, a ‘thank-you’, a ‘you’re welcome’, offering a needed caress, hug or kiss or a helping hand. Regardless of age, race, financial situation or religion these are doable acts. I believe that by doing a simple kind gesture someone’s quality of life for that moment was improved. Sharing knowledge, or humor or thoughts can also be done by almost everyone, and again, I believe that someone will benefit positively from those acts.

I believe that at least the doer of the act will have a better quality of life in knowing that a positive act was performed. It would be even better if the recipient’s outlook for that day was improved.

We live daily, and therefore I believe that we can improve the world daily. With even greater resources than ourselves, I believe that greater good can be accomplished. But for many, more resources are not an option. I believe though that this should not stop a person from doing what one can. I may not have the resources to ‘save the world’ or ‘help all of the hungry or ill’, but I can do my part by trying to not add to the misery or despair. My daily acts can have a positive effect for me and hopefully someone else.

I believe that by sharing this belief I will improve someone’s outlook on life. I know I improved mine.