Armazia - Caldwell, Idaho
Themes: courage

Put funky colors in your hair!

Say you wake up one morning and decide that you want to have purple hair. What is stopping you? Maybe it is your parents. We’ll just say that it is okay with them. What is stopping you now? I have the answer, You don’t want people to judge you or think that you are weird. So what I am trying to tell you is that I believe that everyone should be unique and individual.

Okay I know, I know. In high school who doesn’t care what people think? I mean seriously. You don’t want to wear this one shirt because this not so popular girl has worn it, and you would not be caught dead in it now. Let’s say now someone told you that your hair looked funny that way so you took it out.

You all have probably gone through something like this. Maybe not exactly what I said, but that to some extent. So, you probably don’t exactly remember the name of that one kid that sits three rows behind you in math class that said you had bad hair. Then why does it still bother you when you when you hear that? That kid means nothing to you. You know why? Because you are so worried about what people think of you that if one person says it then it must be true right? Wrong, in 5 maybe 10 years you won’t even remember that that “one person” even said anything to you anyway.

Really what is the point of being a blue fish in a school of blue fish, when you could be a blue fish in a school on yellow fish?

Okay so you stand out, but do you really think that what one person says will affect the rest of your life? Well, no probably not. Here’s something instead of taking it as a negative, take it as a positive. It’s a compliment that you look weird. It means no one else is like you, and you are yourself.

So, if one day you want to put purple in your hair, just go for it because there are more people who look up to you for having the guts not to care what people think, that people are actually caring. Besides people are usually too caught up in their own “world” to notice. So do something that you want to do that you have never done because you were worried- just be yourself.