Kristie - 52171, Iowa
Themes: community

I Believe that real friends will always love you.

I’ve had a lot of different friends. Many of my friends have come and gone in my life. There has only been one group that has always stayed at my side. It may have taken a while for me to realize this but I do realize it. I have learned just how lucky I am to have found that group who has always been at my side. Even through the rough spots in our friendship, my friends have always been at my side when I have needed them. Whenever I’ve needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to in the middle of the night, they’ve been there for me without hesitation.

I’ve had a lot of different “groups” of friends that I have hung out with. I’ve realized that at times I became a different person depending on which group of friends I hung out with. Those people from different groups liked who I was when I was with them, but the person I was when I was with them was not the real me. It was a “fake me” that I became so that I as certain to fit in with the group. I realize that it must have been fear that made me do what I did. It was the fear that I wouldn’t be liked or the fear that I wouldn’t fit in that made me act the way I did.

So many times in my life I pretended to be someone else. Someone who wasn’t really me. Although high school changes a person, I’ve learned that your real friends will always stick beside you. They will always love you for who you are and not who you are pretending to be. They will be at your side through the good and the bad. Real friends want to be at your side. They do not want to be at the side of a “fake you.” They will always want to be with the real you. They will always love the real you.