Rebecca - Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Themes: death, family, love

I believe when someone dies you keep their spirit with you forever, in my life I have never had anyone close to me die. Up until recently that is, when I was little my grandfather always cared for me like I was his princess, he spoiled me to the core. I don’t remember my grandmother because she died when I was 2.

But recently my grandfather died about 3 months ago and in our family we always said that my grandfather had a spirit like an eagle because his spirit and will to live was so strong. In this world I believe that when some one dies they are carried with you in some shape or form to watch over you and protect you. Since my grandfather died I have seen an eagle it seems like every day when before I only saw one every once in a while.

My grandfather was a very strong influence in my life he taught me a lot about myself and how to carry myself so I look professional at a work place, stand up for myself, and be respectful of others. I never thought that spirits carried on with you, until my grandfather died. Yes I believe in god, but cant there be a way for spirits to be carried on in some ones life? My grandfather believed so, he felt very strongly that my grandmother was there with him everyday watching over him, protecting him. Now I do to, he is here with me influencing my decisions trying to make sure I make the right ones like he always did.

In my childhood he is the one I spent all my time with so I was very attached to him so when he passed away it tore me apart, I went with one of my friends jus for a drive that same day so I could get out of the house I didn’t want to be there right then. On that drive we just were talking having a conversation I was crying of course. While we were driving we saw a eagle right there on the side of the road, my friend stopped backed up and I looked at the eagle and it just sat there and stared it didn’t fly away it didn’t even move like most birds do when you back up towards it all it did was sit there and stare but right then and there I got a satisfaction like everything is going to be ok and my grandfather was ok and happy where he was I believe that day my grandfather was telling me not to worry that everything was going to be alright.

So from now on I believe you do keep the spirits of your loved ones with you forever. If it wasn’t for my grandfather I would have never opened my eyes to this, and I hope that everyone opens there eyes to the little things, it took a death of a loved one for me too.