Travis - Dalton, Ohio

This I believe

I believe that people should show respect for our country. The reason why I always stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangle Banner is because of the men and women that fought for our country. If you lived in another country, you would have to stand up and say the pledge of allegiance, for, example Saudi and Arabia. If you did not stand up for their pledge and their national anthem, you would get shot. In my family, both my grandpa and great uncle were in the Korea war.

My grandpa was in the Navy from 1948-1952 in the Korea War. The ship that he was on was the Chilton PA38. My great uncle died in the Korea war but he was in the Army. When my great uncle died he was 21, and he and my grandpa were helping to get all of our rights, for our country. I like that we can say what we want, do what we want, live how we like, and have the right to vote for our government. That is why I will always stand up and say the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangle Banner. I believe that people should show respect for our country.