Katie - Whitefish, Montana

I believe in the idea of faith. Faith meaning truth, value, or worthiness of a person, idea, thing. I believe I can find a solution for all personal problems by looking deep within myself to find the truth. Faith also means to have loyalty in a person or idea. I believe I absolutely need to have faith in myself before I can have faith in someone else or something else. I believe to truly give faith to someone, to truly understand the meaning and purpose of faith I need to have faith in myself first. For me being able to give faith to someone else is a big step, and takes a lot of trust and courage to do so. When I’m able to give faith to someone it show they are a big value in my life.

Faith is something I believe can make or break me. If I forget to have faith when I’m having a tough time it takes longer to resolve and make the process a whole lot harder. Every time I have relied on my faith and the faith in others I am always successful in working out the dilemma. I remember when I was having a tough time with a few friends. I forgot to believe in the faith of my friends and when I realized I forgot to believe it changed my outlook. I turned to my friends for help and they were there the whole step of the way. When I’m struggling with feelings I always take time to be by myself and think it out and understand why I might be feeling this way. If I possibly can’t do it on my own I will turn to the closet friend I have put the most faith in and we try to work it out together.

To believe in faith I found I couldn’t be looking for solid evidence that to prove that it’s there. Faith isn’t a solid object you find. Faith is something inside of me. It’s what I lean on when I begin to fall apart. Faith is what will lift when I’ve fallen and will help to put the pieces back together. That is the all the evidence I need to know faith is real. Faith is one of the most extraordinary concepts that I have ever encountered in my 18-½ years of life. I really started to believe in when I went to Young Life fall camp this past year. I always believe in it, but after camp is when it became a huge factor in my life. I will continue to believe in faith and give faith to the people who are closet in my life. And I will be sure to lean on faith as much as I need to and not be ashamed to admit I believe in faith in other people and myself. Faith is something I’ve found and I will hold on to for the rest of my life.