Jessica - Piedmont, California
Themes: afterlife, death

I believe in a better world after this one

I believe everyone deserves a perfect body no matter who they are. When I think of my family I realize that we are all blessed with great lives, but unfortunately the world is not fair to everyone. That’s why I believe in a world after this one where everyone will have a perfect body. A world where, when we all die, we will be blessed by our Heavenly Father to live in peace together with no physical imperfections.

Three years ago on Mother’s day my grandmother died from bone cancer. As she got closer to leaving this earth, her Alzheimer’s got worse and worse, until she didn’t even recognize her own children. Knowing that my grandmother had no idea who I was and couldn’t remember anything we had been through was terribly painful; however, I know she is in a better place, with people that care and love her, with a body that is as perfect as the day she was born with no disease or sickness infecting it. I believe she is in a world where she feels no more pain, and she can remember all the wonderful things she did while she was on earth. I know she is happier now where she is.

About a year after my father’s mother passed my mothers father passed, which was extremely difficult for me. My maternal grandfather didn’t die from a disease or some sickness, he was perfectly healthy ready to live another 20 years easily, ready to see all the joys in my life, my graduation, wedding, children. Unfortunately he fell down some stairs and is no longer with my family, but I know he is happy and in a place of joy and beauty that allows him to be free and perfect. A place where his body is not scarred by the fall he took, and where he is living in peace.

Knowing that my grandmother is in a world with my grandfather where neither of them know the pains of the mortal world brings me peace and gets me to think of the other people in this world. Not just the people that have passed on, but also those that are still living with physical disabilities. They have the added challenge of going through life not only trying to stay alive but with the task of dealing with stress’s that no one can even imagine. There’s a better place though, one that no matter who you are or where you come from you’ll have the chance to partake in. Knowing this helped me deal with my grandparents deaths. I know I will see them again and one day we’ll all have perfect bodies, this I believe.