I believe in People

blanca - san pedro sula, other Honduras

I am Blanca Villela. I was born in Tegucigalpa, Honduras in 1973 was raised and have lived most of my life in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. I lived with my parents and two brothers until I got married. My childhood was pretty normal, had challenging teen years and busy but good and exciting college time. I attend to a Catholic School that in combination with my parents’ examples, love and support, built strong values and beliefs in me that had guided me through my entire life.

I am a lawyer by profession and a dreamer by choice, a mother of two beautiful miracles that bright up my life everyday.

This I believe: First, I believe in God and his love, because of that I feel very special and appreciated. That love gives me strength when everything else seems like falling apart it also gives me a sense of responsibility to participate in His project.

As contradictory as it may sound, I also believe in luck! I am very fortunate for having the life I have, the family, the friends, the work, the opportunities, the challenges, the blessings and all the experiences that made Who I am today.

I do believe in luck and I don’t believe in coincidences.

I believe that we all were born with a purpose, a special gift, a reason, opportunities, and it is our duty to find and embrace those through our life, even if we do not necessarily like or accept them at first.

I believe in dreams, and that dreams can come true!

There are various experiences that have made me who I am today, and the common thing among those are the extraordinary people I meet, special people that impacted, supported, rejected, challenged, taught, changed and even laughed at me; therefore I understand the impact that one can make in other people´s lives and that gives us all power or responsibility, to create, support, develop or destroy. We all have that power, whether we realize it or not.

I believe in people, I believe that we are all capable of achieving amazing things if we can dream enough, pray enough, talk enough, work hard enough and believe enough.

I believe in people, I´ve seen cultural changes and achievements in a place that was hard to believe it could happen before. All those are miracles, dreams come true.

I believe in people, no matter how hard, strong, difficult, and desperate, someone may look, behind that front image there is always a human being that needs to be accepted and appreciated, with dreams and fears. We all share that common trait.

I believe that the ultimate purpose for the human being is to be happy, find happiness and fulfillment in what they do, and that it is our duty to pursuit.

There are various quotes and sayings that have impacted and change my life and beliefs, some of those are:

1.Love, know and respect yourself first and only by doing so you will be able to love, know and respect others.

2.If you change nothing, nothing will change.

3.What goes around comes around. Treat others as you want to be treated.

4.The servant leadership and the love toward others as an action, an attitude, not just a noun.

5.Create greatness.

6.Constant search for wisdom.

7.Trust = Character + Competence.

8.Leadership is a choice, not a position.

9.Perception is reality.

10.No one can hurt you unless you let them.

11.Say what you mean, mean what you say.

12.A smile can change someone´s day or even life.

I believe in the power of trained, engaged and aligned people!.

I learn every day, I dream every day, I grow every day, I achieve every day, I give thanks every day, I´m blessed every day, and I want to share it……. with people, every day…