Bethany - Rittman, Ohio
Themes: carpe diem

This I Believe:

Living Life with No Regrets

I believe in living life with no regrets, but full of inspirational and cherishing memories and experiences that you will remember for a lifetime. If you live life with no regrets you will be more successful and you will accomplish more in your life. I believe if your gut tells you it is right to do something you should put your best foot forward and go for it. Just think, what would have happened if you never took those chances? You wouldn’t know the possible outcomes that could have been achieved throughout this. If you took the chances you may become a more knowledgeable, experienced individual having enjoyed life to the fullest.

I believe that in every soul lies a person that struggles with the different possibilities that life may bring there way and struggles with where they may stand in the circle of life. When people are first born and open their eyes, they are taking all of the surroundings they see and comparing them to how their life will be in the real world. Growing up as adults, we see how our lives have evolved around us and how it has shaped our environment. As we look back on our lives we hope to see enjoyment, fulfillment, and a sense of accomplishment, not a life full of regrets and disappointments. When you plan out your life, make an important decision to choose which path you will go down in your lifetime. The big events that surround your life such as your career, your family and friends, and to further your education will send you down certain paths that happen to deny you of other paths that you might have preferred.

These choices play an important role in who you are as an individual and who you will become in the future. If you feel like you are stuck or lost in a part of your life, remember this piece of information I follow in my life, “If one window closes, run to the other window or break down a door.” What this is trying to tell you is whenever you struggle; a part of you feels insecure about different things that are happening in your life. This is when the window closes. When one thing in your life does not go as planed you need to move on to something else something that makes you feel relieved. Overcoming obstacles is like running to a window or breaking down a door. A time when I had to overcome an obstacle in my life was when people constantly underestimated me and assumed I could not do specific tasks that were being asked of me such as how my friends and family sometimes underestimate me about different issues related to my life.

When you are young adults you need to experience life to the fullest everyday and take advantage of the little things in life because one day these little things will become big, important, things that represent who you are as a person and the person you will become. I look at life as a butterfly because butterflies have a wide range of different opportunities available to them and all they have to do it explore the outcomes. They are confident, and secure creatures that take chances and want to change for the better. I believe if you look for clear open spaces in life like butterflies do, it will be easier and you will have a broader generalization of what success means.

In life, some people let their regrets go and re-focus on the rest of their future. Then, there are other people who hold onto their regrets for a lifetime and never let things go. This can build up and cause them mental harm and depression. There are different ways that people can dispose or try to resolve their issues dealing with regrets such as writing them down, talking about them with someone they are comfortable with, forgiving others that may have caused problems in their life, and most of all forgiving themselves. Most regrets that you feel are based on what you think and what you wished you have done or hadn’t done in the past, so if you want to get over these obstacles you have to check with yourself first and say “CAN I DO THIS, CAN I GET OVER THIS PART OF MY LIFE” and if the answer is yes then stop worrying and do it for yourself. I believe that possibilities are endless and you can accomplish anything if you put your heart and soul into what you are doing, not only for yourself, but also for the people around you.

I feel that the reason why people regret is based on not meeting expectations or fulfilling something necessary in life from shattered hopes and lost dreams. As you think about your life, remember to take chances because in the end life is just a game.