Rita - reseda, California
Themes: community

Communication Really Does Matter

Sometimes it may seem that relationships spring to life suddenly or end abruptly. The role of communication is extremely important in order to adapt into membership of professional dancing. One must gradually learn how to be included into the group by means of training and education. Not only does one need to have the flexibility, skill, and endurance in their physical state, but one also needs understanding of communication etiquette and dance terminology. Communication theories help exemplify how a person becomes a part of the professional dancing group and professional business.

First, in order to be accepted into the dancer society, one must agree with standpoints or views on particular topics so they can communicate appropriately. For example, most dancers agree that constructive criticism is imperative from the choreographer to the dancer. A dancer must first learn how to accept and improve on tips or corrections spoken to them when learning a dance piece. It is understood that the choreographer has higher command ability, and it is unacceptable for the dancer to critique the choreographer unless the rules are otherwise specified. Most dancers, male and female, understand that they will only grow in skill and understanding if the instructor puts demands on them to improve.

To be a part of the business world, uunderstanding the terminology and communication skills which helps someone become apart of a team.

People use two types of rules to coordinate the management of meaning while interacting. First, we use constitutive rules to help understand how meaning at one level determines meaning at another level. Second, we use regulative rules to help us regulate what we say so we are what is considered “normal” while communicating with others. These rules are guides for coordination. Each person operates from his or her own set of rules, but they can be coordinated to coincide with others even in the same organization.

In a dancing team, one must study the terminology of ballet to be accepted into the professional dance speech community. Knowledge of the vocabulary is important because a number of the dance moves in fact sound like the word in French. Ballet is an intricate form of body movement, and each particular move (large and subtle) requires a name. One must understand the unspoken rules as well as the obvious ones. Case in point, ballet is the foundation to every kind of dance, and only the best performers are trained extensively in ballet before learning any other type of dance.

Whether it is in a group or organization, a person working in a professional company or organization requires good communication skills. One must really understand the importance of communication, interpret and process the information. All in all, becoming part of the professional industry is more complicated than seen. The job is stressful, but once a person becomes apart of the team he/she will see the world in beautiful ways.