Eliz - Glendale, California
Themes: love

I believe everyone has the will and power to love. Love cannot be defined, but can be seen in action. I believe that our strongest testimony is an act of love. This love I’m talking about is the unconditional love, agape, the love that doesn’t require conditions to be met. Lives have been changed, people have been forgiven, and peace has flooded into the houses of millions around the world because someone chose to love. Love is contagious and can spread like wildfire if we just take a moment to realize its power. I have experienced and seen what love has and can do in my life. I have learned that “to love” is a process- it’s not an overnight remedy.

In order to find this love, I had to search the deepest part of my soul. There was a time in my life, where I felt as though I was in the middle of the desert and no one was able to reach out a hand to help me. I was judgmental of people, and a hypocrite, but God showed me that I wasn’t alone in that desert. He opened my heart to see that He was the only absolute that could be with me all the time, even in my most darkest and ugliest moments! And in that love, I found that I had a choice, the will, the power to love others like me, people with weaknesses they were ashamed of. I had the power to give to others what I had received. This love is shown in our daily lives, and in order to understand and adapt to this new lifestyle of love, I have to practice it. I have to practice love in my daily conversations, in my relationships, in others’ wrongs, in arguments with my parents, in times of stress, and in times when I felt angry. I have to make the choice to love everyday. It is in these moments, where instead of pointing the figure at others, I choose to love. Yes, this process is a very difficult process, and I may never cross the finish line, but knowing that I’ve made the choice to love others, instead of judging them, has given me the utmost satisfaction in life. And in this lifestyle, I hope I can be able to change the lives of others by showing them the pure act of love.