Anna - Strongsville, Ohio
Themes: love

What do I believe? I believe that laughter really is the best medicine, a kind of anesthetic that numbs all the pain, yet amplifies all the joy. Laughter that creates an inexplicable bond between those laughing. Laughter that grips at your sides, brings tears to your eyes, shakes your entire body, and spreads around the room until everyone is laughing, but no one knows why. I believe in friendship, the real kind where you can be yourself to the point that people tell you not to go out in public together. Friendship where you don’t know where your soul ends and your best friends’ souls start, you can’t remember what items in your closet are yours, and can’t distinguish between each other’s handwriting. The kind where people refer to you and your BFFs collectively, as one inseparable person. Friendship where you walk into your friend’s house, say “hi Mom,” grab a water from the fridge, and plop yourself down in front of the TV when your friend isn’t even home. I believe that all you need is love. Love that cannot be extinguished by distance or by time. An impossible love that makes no sense, yet you can’t imagine life without it. Love that overcomes all barriers, all obstacles, and all complications despite all odds being against it. I believe in a God that so loved the world, He sent His one and only son to die for us, so that we may not perish, but have eternal life. A God who is the ultimate embodiment of unconditional love, who has a plan for us that will bring good out of every second of our lives, whether we recognize it at the moment or not. I believe there is more good than bad in everyone, but to bring out the good, you need to have faith in others. Be a good influence: show them love and they will eventually reflect it back. Never let other people’s bad attitudes leave you bitter. I believe it’s the little moments in life that we should live for. Dancing in the rain. Seven girls on one futon. Seven girls in one photo booth. Hot chocolate in the summer. Missing most of your senior prom, but having the time of your life while you’re there. Disney music sing-a-longs. Beach parties in December. Escaping from a high school pep rally. Blasting country music. Fracturing your ankle and not wearing your boot. NOT acting your age. Writing cheesy English essays, attempting to encompass your entire life in one page and 10 minutes. Living your life to it’s fullest, laughing the entire time. This I do believe.