Alyssa - Tonganoxie, Kansas

Do you believe that miracles happen? I believe that miracles happen everyday. People live through things they probably shouldn’t have lived through, and people accomplish things they never thought they could.

I know that miracles happen because if they didn’t I and a few of my friends might not be here today. We were in a car accident. We rolled the car three or four times, and when we stopped I was out of the car. Everybody else was still in the car, and I still have no idea how I was out of the car. But I know that I didn’t get out myself, when the car was rolling I was somehow ejected from the car. But I don’t remember very much of anything that happpened. I was life flighted and everybody else was taken to the hospital by ambulance. We were in different hospitals so we really didn’t know what was happening with everyone else. But all of us were released the same night with just minor injuries. People said we were extremely lucky. the way we wrecked and how the car looked, the outcome probably should have been a lot worse than it was. I think someone had to have been watching over us. It is definitely a miracle that we are all here today with just minor bumps and bruises. I am so thankful that everyone is ok.

I also think miracles happen because people accomplish things everyday that they never thought they could accomplish. Lots of people turn their lives around in good ways everyday. Some people get jobs, lose weight, do nice things, and lots of other good things, they didn’t think they could do. Also, babes are born with defects and things wrong with them, and the ones that survive through those things are miracles. I definitely believe that miracles do happen everyday. Even the littlest things can be miracles.