Kayla - tonganoxie, Kansas

Have you ever been made fun of and you wanted to make fun of them back, but you didn’t? Well I have. For example, when my brothers and sisters called me names, just like brothers and sisters do, I wanted to call them names back, but I didn’t. I knew that if I made fun of them that wouldn’t be nice, and I wouldn’t want to be called names all the time. So just remember any time you make fun or do something mean to someone stop and think… would you want that done to you?

One day after school, no one was home but my brother, sister, and I. I guess they were bored and decided to make fun of me, so they started calling me fat. They were doing that for a while, just kind of making fat comments. They did that for a few days now and at first I didn’t believe it, but after a while I started to. The whole time they were calling me fat I wanted to say something back to them, but I didn’t.

I think the individuals in our world today should think about other’s feelings more. The people surrounding us, maybe even including us, are so prejudice. People don’t understand that it doesn’t matter how people look, it matters about their personality and who they are on the inside. The reason that I brought prejudice into this situation is because people are mean to other people because of their appearance.

All I’m trying to say is if you treat people nicely you will most likely get that same treatment back. So think the next time you’re mean to someone it’s probably going to happen back to you. So make life a little easier on everyone and live a happy life, and be kind throughout it.