Ben - Tonganoxie, Kansas

What is your view of life? Do you believe human beings are created by God for a specific purpose? Do you view the Bible as the inspired Word of God, or does the Bible seem like an outdated, unrealistic, unbelievable book of mythology? My belief is that the Bible is truth and it shapes my view of life. Its teachings are the center of my beliefs.

Growing up in a Christian environment, and being involved in my church, has definitely factored in to what I believe. I believe that God loves everyone and my goal is to honor Him in all I do. There are many reasons why I hold this view.

First of all, I believe that all of Scripture is inspired by God. The books in the Bible are credible. They are not entertaining fictional stories with good moral lessons. Holding these convictions is the foundation of my faith and philosophy on life.

Webster defines belief as “a state of habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing.” Webster then defines believe as “having a firm religious faith and to have a firm conviction as to the reality or goodness of something.” I can relate to this dictionary’s definition. My trust and confidence is placed in God and his Word, the Bible. I have firm convictions as to His goodness, faithfulness, and trustworthiness. In believing these truths, I have to take action. If I believe wholeheartedly in something , then I need to actively live out my convictions. I don’t want to be someone that believes one thing but lives a life that does not reflect that belief. As a Christian my faith should show itself by my actions.

I also believe that in today’s world ones’ core beliefs are extremely important. I believe in God and want to use my gifts to honor Him. I also believe in the power of prayer and know that miracles are still happening today. This belief motivates me to be a person of prayer. I also strive to believe in myself. God, who has given me talents and strengths, will help me to carry them out for His purposes. Beyond that, I have other beliefs that are not of a spiritual nature. I believe that KU is going to go all the way every year in my bracket (which has not ended up good for me recently). The point is…….I believe! Be strong, believe, have faith……….those are mottos I want to live by.

In closing, I want to share that my beliefs are continuing to shape me as I grow older. Hopefully, these beliefs and my faith will continue to become more solid with each passing year. My desire to love and serve God and others should help me become the adult that God has created me to be.

Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”