Leah - Tonganoxie, Kansas

This I believe

One very important thing in life to me, is to be yourself, and not someone that somebody else wants you to be. People do things, and try to be things that totally aren’t them. Now don’t get me wrong I love looking good, and getting all prettied up. But I don’t do it for other people I try and look my best for myself. I’ve learned not to worry about what people think about my outfit, or my hair. Because most the time, there to busy to notice, because there to focused on worrying about their own outfit and their own hair.

I always fell sorry for the kids that spend there whole high school life trying to live up to something that’s just not them. People, who spend their whole life worrying if they’ve got the cool clothes, cool hair & if their personality is cool, really shouldn’t. I think that you should spend your whole life on having fun. I wish that everybody would stop trying to impress everyone, life would be so much easier.

I can’t blame other people for being like this, because sometimes I am to, we all are. I believe if we all didn’t care about another look we would all be happier. Take girls for instance, most girls feel completely ugly if they have no make-up on, and some would die if there were no mirrors in this world. I know I probably would. If we were to take all the make-up out of this world, and show are real beauty everyone would be fine because no one would have the advantage of using powders and liquids to cover up their face.

Another thing I believe is if we all would stop judging each other. Are world would be much better as well. We all tend to stereo type people so easily these days. We should all get to know each other before we decide what kind of person they are, good or bad. It just doesn’t seem fair to judge someone before you even get to know him or her.

So to sum this all up, my belief is basically, that if people were just them selves and not someone somebody else wanted them to be, or somebody they think they need or have to be. Are world would be a lot better. If we all didn’t judge each other, and if we all just liked each other for we really are. I think people in are society would get along much better with one another. Hopefully this will all happen some day, I’m not so sure if it ever even will. But I hope to everyone that reads this essay. They maybe gained something from this, and it will have possibly change there perspective on a few things.