Jordan - Garden Plain, Kansas

There are approximately 6.5 billion people in the world today. I believe that every single person living as of right now was given the chance to succeed and become something great. I also believe that every decision we make in our lives affects some aspect of our life.

It is amazing to me how God could put someone on the earth who is rich, beautiful, and already has everything given to them in life. It is more amazing that he could deliver someone who is poor, ugly, and has hardly a chance to make it at all. I know without a doubt that God has made it possible for everyone to live. Yet, the people of today are too lazy or too unmotivated to strive for a decent job, decent lifestyle, or even to become a decent person. When people are battered down or some type of tragedy happens to them, they give up on life and become a failure. There are so many cases of people who were born into families that were abusive, poor, and struggling every day of the family members lives. I know these people use that as an excuse to not be able to do anything.

In the United States today there are many different chances for children to become the best person they can. There are adoptive programs, foster programs, and centers such as the Children’s Home where they keep and raise kids until they can find families for them. Several charities are formed every year for children. Millions of dollars are spent on less fortunate, and it seems to me like these less fortunate people do not use it for their advantage. It seems to me that they don’t want to try, they just want pity from other people, but they won’t get up and help themselves.

Even the people who have committed crimes are given a chance to become something. Prisons are more or less rehabilitation centers so they can work issues out. It just blows my mind though that people return to prison. I can’t understand anyone who wouldn’t learn from their mistakes and become a respectable citizen.

God has provided the world of today many institutions, charities, foster and adoptive families, and correction facilities to give every person of every community a chance to survive and become something they have always dreamed of. What people don’t understand though is that God won’t help them if they don’t help themselves. People need to find the hope, motivation, and the will to work if they want to become the greatest person they can.