Laura - Cheney, Kansas
Themes: integrity

What I Believe

A belief can be translated in many different ways, but only in the eyes of the believer can a beliefs true meaning be seen. I, for one, believe in many different things. I believe the grass is green and the sky is blue. I believe in God and I believe in family. But most importantly, I believe in trust. Trusting in something gives you the power of knowing that something is true and real. If you don’t trust your own thoughts, then you will never know what you believe. Sometimes it takes a lot for someone to trust in something whole-heartedly. How can you grow up believing in God if you do not trust the people who taught you about him? How can you fall in love if you do not trust the person you are with? And how can you live life to the fullest if you do not trust yourself? So the question is, do you trust?

I believe that I do trust. I trust God, my family, and people who are important to me. I have learned through the 18 years in my life that life is short and cannot be taken for granted. I used to worry nonstop about what was going to happen in the future instead of focusing on the present. Someone very important to me told me that I shouldn’t waste my time thinking about everything that could happen. Instead, I should make things happen. I was scared to do this, but I knew I had to. The deciding factor was that I trusted him. I trusted him with my worries and feelings and I would trust this man with my life if it came down to it. The point is, if you believe and you trust, then anything can happen.

So everyday when you wake up, ask yourself, do I trust? If you do, then you will know that the grass is green and the sky is blue. You will know that true wonder can be seen in a child’s eyes and that true love can be found in the most unexpected places. But most importantly you will believe in yourself, which means that you trust in believing.