Emily - Tonganoxie, Kansas

Believe

Believing is excepting something is real. We would never get anywhere with out lives if we did not believe in anything. Who and what we believe in is our own personal choice. I believe anything and everything we believe in can have the biggest effect on our lives, and we may not even know it. Nobody can make us change our minds if we have our minds set. We learn what to believe in by who we live with, and what our surroundings are, and how we spend our childhood. Once we grow up we learn that some of our beliefs were truly wrong and our eyes are opened.

What and who we believe in can make us or break us. The problem is there are so many things to believe in, but we do not know which one will lead us, on the right path, to where we want to be. Life would be to easy if we knew all of the answers. All people fall sometime during their lives, but the people who make it in life are the ones who got up rather than letting themselves fall even more like someone who did not make it.

We have to be smart and observe others mistakes and corrections. We need to be open minded even if we believe it is not worth our time, because often we will wish we did pay attention later on when we are faced with a similar problem. Problems only becoming a negative thing when you do not solve them, or you do not learn a lesson. If you believed everything you heard then you would not know where to go or what to do. A good solution to know what to believe in is often inside ourselves, and we just have to find it.

I can guaranty that if we know what the right thing to believe in is, then we are already better off on life. Nobody tells us what to believe in because it is up to us to make that choice. We can believe in anything in the world even if it is the farthest thing from the truth. We often run into problems and get hurt because we are confused and do not know if we should believe that everything will turn out okay, or if it will take a turn, and fall to the worst. The best advice can come from the people who have had the hardest lives, because they have learned many of their lessons the hard way.