Tommy - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: work

I truly believe this statement because if you really do work hard and love to do what you want then it will pay off. No matter what you are doing in life you will succeed– anything from being the owner of a business to playing a pro sport. If you are really dedicated to what you love to do than it will eventually pay off. When you are working really hard, someone from the same occupation of you will see you and say to themselves, “I could use someone like that.”

That is what I am trying to do in baseball. It has been my dream for about 10 years now. Ever since I started kindergarten and started playing coach pitch with my older brother, I have known that that is what I was meant to do; but first I have always had to make the grades before I get to play, especially now that I am in high school. Those are the school’s rules now. Oh well, that is “OK” because that shows who really wants to play. That is just what I think.

Also, many people will notice your dedication to whatever you are trying to succeed in. There will be many people waiting for people exactly like you. What I would do is do what you love and love to do it, so my advice to you is to dream on. Dream on.

I mean, look at Michael Jordan. He is a prime example of making sure to follow your dream. He wanted to be where he is now because of his dream when he started in the fifth grade. He worked very hard to get where he is now—he even played minor league baseball. It is virtually impossible to go pro and succeed in professional sports. Yeah, we all know he was better in basketball, but it is still a result of following your dream. His dad was a very well known basketball player but still succeeded in basketball. That is amazing. So what ever you do follow your dream and don’t give up on it.