Addy - Tonganoxie, Kansas

Laughter

“I have always thought that a big laugh is a really loud noise coming from the soul saying, ain’t that the truth.” This is a quote from Quincy Adams. I like this quote very much, and feel that it has an important message for everyone out there. This message would be to live your life with lots of laughter. It is my strongest belief, and it makes my life happier.

Laughing is a big part of my life. That is why I strongly believe everybody should laugh, because it brings happiness to your life. If I’m sad and someone does something to make me laugh I feel much better. I could laugh all day and never get sick of it. That is how much I love to laugh.

Over 20% of people in the United States are diagnosed with some type of depression. (That is not including the people who do not go to the doctor to see if they are suffering from depression.) This is because we live such a hectic life. It’s always “Hurry up!” “We’re going to be late for school,” “Soccer practice,” or “Susie’s birthday party!” We never have any time to stop and to talk to our family and friends, let alone laugh. Being with your friends and family is really what makes you want to laugh.

The people who make me laugh most in life are my friends. They always know what to do. Sometimes it’s just something that they say, or the way that they say it. Other times, it’s their corny jokes, or sayings that get me going. My friends making me laugh everyday strengthens my belief in the value of laughing as hard as you can.

Hopefully now you can see why I love to laugh so much, and why it is such a strong belief of mine. Laughing makes you feel good, come out of depression, and gives you time to spend with your family and friends. This is what I love to live by. It is a belief that I want other people to cherish and hold onto. I believe if we laugh through one day, it will get us through another.