Clinton - Tonganoxie, Kansas

I believe that working hard will come with benefits. By working hard you must give it all you’ve got. When you’re finished with your task you will feel great.

The reason I believe in working hard is very simple, yet complex. My parents worked very hard when I was little to take care of me and buy the things that I needed. My dad tells me to work hard all the time and then we can go do whatever we want. I have always been pushed by all of my family members and now I know what they were talking about.

I was in Boy Scouts when I was younger and my scout master told me to keep on trying if I couldn’t get it the first time. I have always listened to him and feel that he was right in every word he told me. I was in Boy Scouts ever since I was in 1st grade and I still remember it. I have learned from him a lot of things and I will pass all the things I know to others in my future.

I enjoy hanging out with my grandpa all of the time I’m at home. We are always working on little inventions and we have fun doing it but we also have to work hard in order to have fun. We go fishing on Stranger Creek in the summer and it’s a lot of work to get the boat down into the water without slipping into the creek. Then, as soon as we catch a fish we have to get it in the boat without losing it. When we get it, we can enjoy eating it with our family and friends.

During the summer I help my dad in the field baling hay and getting it into the barn before it rains. Later when we have it in the barn we can relax and look at the work we’ve accomplished. When people come to buy some we load it up for them and I get paid and then I have money to buy things for my truck.

After sharing these experiences with you I hope you feel better about knowing what you will do to make you feel good. If you just believe in yourself you can go a long way in your life time. Once you pick something to do, you just have to stick with it!