Regina - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe that everyone has an inner child. The inner child is seen every time that you ask for extra sprinkles on your ice-cream or turn up the volume to hear your favorite song on the radio. I believe that your inner child releases your creativity, allowing your dreams to become reality. I am a student that will be graduating from high school. During the past years at Mountain Pointe, my inner child and I have whispered hopes, dreams, and wishes to each other. My inner child tempts me to build a castle made out of marshmallows and graham crackers. Oh let us not forget that my castle has soft clouds of fluffy sweetness for a scenic view when seen through a window. We can always remind ourselves that our inner child is holding out their hand for yours. Through creativity and inspiration, they’re willing to take you to a magical world with unicorns, volcanoes spewing fudge, and other magnificent things that can only be imagined.

As I am writing this essay, this subject is reminding of a Disney movie. This movie portrays that your inner child allows you to fly and escape from tedious chores, have a swordfight with loathsome pirates, and swim with graceful mermaids. I’m thinking of Peter Pan, a boy who never wants to grow up and become a boring adult, like Captain Hook. Captain Hook wants to have Peter Pan dead before Hook’s time, also known as Croc in this case, comes after him. As we venture out into the world, we will all close the door of our inner child. We have to push aside our childhood memories, in order to succeed in The Big Kid’s world. We must become the notorious Captain Hook, who only wants to have Peter Pan or else known as our inner child to be washed up on the shore, forgotten.

I’m not going to preach nor am I going to tell you on how to live with your life without having your inner child. No, instead I’m going to advise you on what you can do to commensurate your great companion. You can start by singing out loud out loud in the shower. Don’t worry; I wouldn’t know if you were off-key because I don’t know where you live. Finally, smile, because it takes fewer face muscles to smile than to frown. Plus, you look nicer when you punch the other guy’s face. With small gestures, we can allow our inner child to reside inside of us.