Timothy - kansas city, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem

THE LAST DAY ON EARTH

I am dying. You are dying. We all are dying. I don’t know how or when, but death is inevitable. You can not escape it; it can be postponed, but never escaped. With this in mind, I believe that you should live every day like it is your last day. I mean, who knows, you may die right after reading this, or you may die eighty years from now. No one knows but God.

This thought is not meant to scare you, so your whole life is spent hiding in fear of death. It is just meant to remind you that we are all terminal, and that our life here on this earth is limited. We all have to die sometime. The time we have here is priceless and precious. So the next time you are planning out your day, try to think of it as your last one on earth. Just think if I knew that I was dying tomorrow, would this be what I would have wanted to spend my last day on earth doing.

You may think, well I have to work tomorrow, or I have school tomorrow, and there is no way that is how I want to spend my last day. To tell you the truth I don’t want to spend my last day at school either, but if my last day was at school I would want to die knowing that that last day of mine was not a waste and that even though I don’t like going to school I had a good day. I would not want to die knowing that I spent the whole day complaining that I had too much homework, or arguing with a teacher that I should have at least gotten a C on a paper.

If you don’t get anything else out of this, at least get this, life is too short to not have fun with it. Try your hardest to live your life to the fullest. And no matter what you are doing, do it with a good attitude and it will make your day a whole lot better. Remember, this could be your last day on earth!