Jordan - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: integrity

My belief: Honesty

Honesty to me is telling the truth even if it’s not the answer they want to hear. It could be keeping a promise even though you and a friend are in a fight. Being honest and trustworthy is what sets you aside from everyone else. It defines you and shows personality. Now your wondering, what in the world is she saying, well let me explain.

So many people go through life lieing and living in regret. Thinking “ well maybe if I did it this way things would be different”. If you live honestly you can’t have regrets. This is a huge deal to me, it’s my way of living and my belief.

I’ve learned it doesn’t matter if you’re popular, pretty, ugly or the most hated person. At the end of the day it’s your personality and how you act that matters. Trying to impress people and be someone your not is pointless because high school will end and you’re left with nothing but a fake personality.

Saying what no one wants to hear but needs to be aid is honesty. People ask questions to get answers so why do you lie? Are you afraid that you’ll lose a friend or scared to be different? Honesty can make or break a friendship. If they don’t want the truth then why did they ask?

Now I understand all those examples because it’s my life. I’ve been to 2 different elementary schools, 3 different middle schools and now I’m in high school so sucking up to people didn’t help in the long run. People are different around other groups of friends, but not me. I live life to the fullest and if others don’t agree with that then it’s all right with me.

In my household if you lie you get punished. There is always a consequence so why lie at all? If telling a lie is going to lose my parents trust and respect then I’m not doing that. My parents ground me, take away school functions and work me to death all because of a lie. So I rather tell the truth than have things taken from me.

Make a decision now. Live your life lieing and having to pay for it or live honestly with no regret. I don’t know about you but the less trouble the better. Now what’s it going to be? I told you my belief so what’s yours?