Veronica - DeSoto, Kansas
Age Group: 65+
Themes: prejudice

Tom Robinson Collage

My collage represents things about Tom Robinson’s life, and things going on in this time period. Some of the things going on in this time period are then death of Emmett Till, school segregation, prejudice, and many other things concerning African American people.

Just like in the book, many African American men and women were not allowed to go in some places. They were not allowed to sit at the front of the bus, and they were not allowed to do pretty much anything a white person could do.

I did my collage on Tom Robinson because I wanted to take pride in my history and to look back on how things were so bad, and not to forget the many suffrages of a black family in this Time period.

My quote, “ Don’t fret Jem. Things are never as bad as they seem.” By Miss Maudie is very misleading. Because yes, things are as bad as they seem. Somebody got accused of rape and are shot in a prison is bad, and her quote said it wasn’t. That sounds pretty bad to me.

My poster represented this book, our history, and what we must not forget. Prejudice. We learn from our past everyday.