Carlos - Alhambra, California

My Belief

I believe that everyone in this world has that one person he or she can trust and truly say that person is there for them. This person can be anybody; for some it could be a long time childhood friend, neighbor, or relative. I feel that is good and everything to have a very close relationship with a friend, but there is no one like your own mother to go to when you really need someone there for you. Friends are great to have, but they come and go. Just a simple little fight could ruin a friendship and also when a friend does a favor for you they usually expect something back. Unlike your very own mother, she is always there. She will not turn her back on you for any reason. Do you know why? It is because mothers’ have that unconditional love for their children. We are their babies, no matter how old we get in our life, we will always be their little boy or girl. I am not saying all mothers are like this, but mine is. My mother is not just the person who gave birth to me, she is also my best friend; someone who the closest to you above anyone else.

I could do the worst thing ever, like get in a big fight with her, say some pretty bad things, and then move out. Though she may be mad and hurt at the same time for having her very own child disrespect her in such a way, but if that child were to come back home, she would welcome him or her back with open arms. She will be there for you through the good times and the bad times. She is there from beginning to end no matter what obstacles come your way. “Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the prize,” and you take your eyes off the prize and steer off track and begin heading in the wrong direction; no matter how old I get my mother will always be their for advice and guidance to get back on track and get that “prize” you’ve been wanting.

When a baby is first born, who is the first person to hold them; a friend, the father or the mother? If your answer is a friend or the father, I do not know what you are thinking. It is the mother who is the first person the baby sees eye to eye with. Then begins that special bond between mother and child. My mother for example is my best friend as well. Though at times she may nag and get on your case for any little thing she is doing it for your own benefit. You also have your father who truly loves and cares for you also, but at times your father cannot be as attentive to your problems or questions and quit give you the advice or guidance that your mother can. Not because he does not want to, but because he just cannot be as sensitive or understanding to certain situations and just try to give you that quick fix solution which is not always the right way to handle things.

In conclusion, though people may say that dog is man’s best friend. To me my best friend would be my mother. Because without my mother, I would not be where I am at in this stage of my life. Though my father and others play a role in my life, my mom is the one that keeps me going. Even though all she wants its to see me happy and wants nothing back in return, soon I will repay her for everything that she has done for me.