Andrew - Los Angeles, California

I believe that a mother is the most important person in an individual’s life. My mom has influenced my life in so many positive ways and without her I would not be where I am today. Without the loving care of a mother, a person will have a hard time developing and growing up to live a life with little problems. A mother shows you that loving care of a woman and gives comfort that you would never feel from anyone else. Mothers are nurturing and as they nurture their children, those children in turn learn how to nurture their children. Without ever experiencing that from a mother a person may not have the ability to show that same love and care to their children.

I have had many experiences in my life where I have been down and out, and I needed someone to comfort me. My friends were, but I have never felt more comfortable than when I am with my mother. Friends are important to me, and they have been there for me at time. They give me advice that isn’t always the best, they do not have the wisdom and the knowledge that a mother has. Moms know when there is something wrong with you; they know you better than you know yourself. When I am with her and I have problems going on in my life, she takes them all away; she makes me feel like I can take a break from life and start over. She gives me the advice I need to move on, and the strength I need to get back up when I have fallen. She is the reason I am here right now, she pushed to do good in school and to try my hardest in everything I do.

I have a cousin who grew up without his mother, and lived a pretty normal life. When he became a teenager he got involved in a lot of trouble with the law, and he started turning into a trouble maker. He has grown up since then and has changed from his ways, but he has trouble showing love to his children and his wife. This could be because of his lack of mother. He has not been shown that love from a woman, so this is the only way he knows how to treat his family.

Mothers are the first voice a child hears when it is born, the first loving touch it feels is from its mom, and when it cries the mother is the ones who feeds it and soothes it until the child is asleep. As humans mothers play the most important role in our lives. Friends are there for good times, but mothers are there even when you are at your lowest point. I believe that with out a mother our lives are more difficult to deal with, mothers are like our shield, they protects us from harm and teach us to do right. Mothers are loving creatures whose job in life is to nurture their children to be there at all times for them. That’s why I believe that a mother is the most important person in an individual’s life.