Shea - Tucson, Arizona

My belief statement is be there for someone else when they need you. Being there for someone is very important. It lets them know that they have friends and people to go to. It makes them confident and able to open themselves up to others when they know they have some to fall back on.

Back in old WWII, what would have happened if we didn’t back up the British? All of Europe would have been dominated, and Hitler would be moving on Russia, and then later, Western Nations. Canada would fall first, then we have a choice once again to back them up or leave them stranded, which would ultimately lead to our demise. Once we decided to help out Britain, Russia, Australia, and Canada also jumped onto our side in the fight against Fascism. Because we aided Britain, the Germans were pushed back and the war was won in the Allies’ favor.

See, sometimes you just need to be there, even if your friends screwed you over or something, they’ll most likely regret it and ask for your help. Just this weekend for example, Tom asked if Joe and I would like to hang out at the mall. We agreed, but then when the time came, Tom didn’t show. So, we had a slight grudge against Tom for the rest of the day. Later that night however, Tom calls at around 11:30, asking for a ride home from Dunkin Donuts. Joe and I, of course, recognized it as our secret code, a distress call. So it turns out, after getting home after a long day, we went back out and saved Tom from absolute desperation. After we picked him up, we all enjoyed some Wendy’s and then we went home.

I believe that people and countries alike should be there for each other. No matter what has happened or what will happen, we must stand strong alongside one another.