Michael - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe in the special bond between a father and his daughter. I have been living with only my dad for six years now, and everyday the bond between us strengthens. My dad is my teacher, my friend, and my parent.

I remember all the soccer games, often in the cold or pouring rain, when all the other parents’ didn’t show up. My dad was always there, cheering me on from the sidelines, not willing to let his daughter suffer alone in the elements.

I remember all the bad days, when we had only each other to lean on for support. Through him, I learned to be myself and not let anyone else dictate who I am. I learned to take care of myself, yet always knew I had him to help me up if I fell down.

I remember all the laughter and jokes, the secret smiles from across the room. My dad always knows how to make me laugh. No matter what we are doing, he can make it fun and worthwhile.

Yet, what I remember most is his unconditional love for me. No matter what I do, he will always love me, and I him. I know that even in the worst of times I can count on his love. I can count on his support, I can count on his smile making all my fears and hurts fly away.

My dad and I have had six years to bond and grow closer. Although these years have often been difficult, we have stuck together and proven just how special the bond between father and daughter can be. I know that the future will bring us even closer together and I look forward to all of our future adventures, both the good and the bad. I know just how lucky I am to have such an extraordinary relationship with my dad.

I believe in the love shared between father and daughter. My dad has shown me the ways of the world and the light at the end of the tunnel. My dad is my rock, my safety net, and my compass. Yet, above all my dad is just that… MY DAD!!