Spencer - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: work

I believe in ambition. That little push behind a dream that drives one to keep trying. The kind of drive that breaks through obstacles, not ignores them. It is the urge to prove something to oneself, not caring what others think. Those who embrace ambition and not brush it off as a silly dream are able to be successful, not necessarily in wealth, but in their own minds.

Whenever I think of ambition, the term entrepreneur comes to mind. Many times these people have ideas that some may deem crazy or just plain stupid. Yet, they still pursue the goal they set for themselves because of that spark of ambition to prove to themselves what is right. Many are told they are just chasing a dream with ambition fueling the way. Believe me, I’d rather chase then just let it go. This country was built on crazy ideas and schemes that many thought would never work but those few were obviously proven wrong, I mean, the pet rock and bottled water are still around.

I’ve been told I’m an ambitious person. I just call it being positively annoying. I’ve been in honors classes for as long as I can remember and at the age of 9 was introduced to the music scene. I began to deejay and immediately fell in love with everything. Since, I have not only kept my grades up in school, but also gone pretty far in my hobby. Many told me I was going nowhere with it and I should just stop wasting my time. I’ve taken that as more fuel to push farther to show myself it can go somewhere.

By the age of 15 I had taken over 2 promotion crews as well as had a residency at a nightclub. Now for many years I didn’t get very much money if any at all for doing this. That I didn’t care about, with what I was learning, with the music, business and production aspects, I was getting enough out of it. Then when I just turned 17 I was offered a radio show on Energy 92.7 FM and took it as a chance to represent for Arizona’s underground house culture. I was told that I would be hated on and it might lose me some fans but I took that more as a challenge. Within 3 months, with my promotion their ratings were boosted.

At only 18 I’ve deejayed with and met some of the most prominent producers and deejays in the world as well as gained much recognition with major labels and club owners around the U.S., hold 2 club residencies along with being in honors classes and having a day job. Ambition’s what I live by and what keeps me occupied. Without ambition where would anybody be?