Daniel - greenleaf, Idaho

Our borders: Safe, or Vulnerable?

I’m sure that alot of people who read this are probably not going to be to fond of me. But, i dont really care. You see, a good portion of people living in this country strongly oppose illegal immigration.

It really,in my mind, is a depressing issue because those people oppose running away from a bad life. Think about it, put your self in their shoes. Say for instance, the poverty in the U.S was just as bad as, say for instance Mexico. And lets just aslo add in the fact that the Democratic government is so currupted, that the people who are trying to “stop” curruption, are currupt them selves. What would you do? stay and take it? I dont think so. I’m an american of hispanic descent. And even I wouldnt take it. What would you do? Oh, and the biggest come to that question is, why not try to do it the legal way? well, you apply for residency, or proper documentation to get into the U.S.A. The wait is dissapointing, and in most cases, pointless. With the poverty as bad as it is, would you who condem illegal immigration, stay, or get the hell out anyway?

Now, yes, lets just take out all of the “illegals”, what is this country going to do with out them? My parents (both american citizens) their lives in the fields, wanted my sisters and I to make money the way they did when they were kids. I worked my ass off, it’s not easy work. But I noticed one thing. I saw one, just one WHITE AMERICAN KID working their. ONE! Now where do all of those people who oppose illegal immigration go about saying that illegals take over the Americans’ jobs? So we take out the illegals, who’s going to work the feilds? That one american kid? I’d like to see that.

Now, i can see where alot of americans who oppose illegal immigration are coming from. A big issue is the abuse of Medicare, or Government aid in general. I can see why people would be ticked off at that. ALot of tax money is going to that. I’ve seen the abuse first hand. It does piss me off. But, the government should step in on that one. Not by deporting people left and right, but by eliminating it completely. If you dont have it, you wont abused it. An other subject is the crime. Like if American citizens dont commit any crimes. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m an American citizen, and i’ve had my share of run-ins with the law. I havent seen that in the papers or in any media addressed stories. Twin Falls, Idaho’s police chief was arrested on DUI charges. HE’S A CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s face it. you can send in the National Guard, hell, send in every friggin branch of the military, but you cant keep illegal immigration out!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s like grounding a child, that child is going to do it again and again and again just to get back at his/her parent. Instead of kicking them out, work with them. Make them live the life style that a citizen would. Make them pay taxes, work, and support them selves. LIMIT GOVERNMENT AID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do things peacefully, dont wage war just because you can. Just work with the “illegas”, and they will do the same.