Sarah - hickory, North Carolina
Themes: setbacks

As children, we all make our fair share of mistakes. I remember being about five years old and getting a box of chocolates for my birthday. Of course, my parents told me not to eat the whole box at once, but did I listen? Obviously I didn’t. My consequence was having a stomachache for the rest of the evening. Some things you have to learn the hard way. And that’s why I believe in making your own mistakes.

In school, a person can learn about math and science from textbooks. But the knowledge gained from life experiences makes a person wiser. One can have all the knowledge in the world, but not know how to use it. The best way of learning is to experience it. These experiences make a person wise.

Life’s best lessons can’t be learned from books or from the experiences of others. Some mistakes just need to be experienced on their own. Learning from these mistakes is what makes a person grow. To become a well-rounded adult, one must have made mistakes in their life and learned from them.

Mistakes are a part of life. It’s best to use the knowledge from past mistakes to prevent the same thing from happening again. This is using the knowledge to one’s advantage. What benefit would mistakes be if people didn’t learn from them?

Everyone is bound to make mistakes. It’s a part of life. But these mistakes can be validated if they are used as a learning experience. I believe in never having regrets because I can always learn something from my mistakes and then I will know better for next time.