Mallory - Tonganoxe, Kansas
Themes: golden rule

Karma

“What so ever a man soweth, that he shall also reap.”

-Bible: Galatians (6:7)

This famous quote is similar to the principle of karma, which is defined as the Hindu law of cause and effect. The word karma means actions, an action you will take cause a reaction, or as we say today, what goes around comes around.

What goes around comes around is a phrase that is used often today. Basically this is saying that if you are negative and unkind you are almost certainly going to get back negativity and unkindness. If you were a positive person, you would possibly get back positivity and kindness. It’s almost like what our kindergarten teachers taught us; treat others the way you would want to be treated.

More people in the world believe in karma than do not, Unfortunately, for those of us who live in the United States of America more do not.

Wayne Dyer, a motivational speaker said, “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” This is so true. What do you care if someone treats you badly? You don’t want to be mad at someone and then get others mad at you because you are taking it out on the wrong person. That’s what I thought of when I heard this quote.

I believe that all living creatures are responsible for his or her karma and for their salvation. I think that God does play a role and is seen as the dispenser of karma. Karma is an unavoidable part of day-to-day living. We are responsible for our actions; there is no outside force like the stars or some good or evil being acting through you. Your conscious decides how you act and what you do.

I think karma is not just about good and bad deeds, but also as a positive and negative energy, For instance, negative energy could be things like “being bad”, fear or sadness. Then positive energy could be solving problems and creative thinking.

Karma is something that I have always believed and always will believe it. I hope as you have read this that it has opened your mind more to karma.