Chelsea - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: work

Hard Work

Hard work pays off. Have you ever heard this saying? I’m sure you heard it a lot when you were younger. I know I have and truth be told I didn’t believe it. Now that I’m older I’m starting to realize exactly what it means, with all of the activities I do. Let me explain to you why I believe this and tell you what actually influenced me to believe this.

I was in sixth grade when the offer was offered to me. If I said yes, I had no idea where it was going to take me. If I said no, then I knew I could be missing out on a fun experience. I thought about it for awhile and decided what harm could it do? I accepted the offer.

Today I’m in ninth grade. I have been in band ever since. There has been times when I’ve thought about quitting. Then I tell myself all this one day might benefit me. Look back at all the hard work I put into, to play the very best I have. Just a couple of weeks ago there was another offer thrown at me. I could participate in a solo or some sort of ensemble to play at league, regional, and maybe state if I make it. I decided to go for it and two other friends are joining in with me. We are called the woodwind trio.

Since then we really started to put a lot of effort into this. From picking out the music. Making sure it’s not to hard yet, not to easy. Staying after school twice a week to practice and by ourselves. The day had finally came. League was here. at first we were all nervous, but we knew we practiced as hard as we could and we could only do our best. After all was said and done we received a 1 at league. Which is the best rating you could possibly get. Then we had to go through all of that again for regional. Ended up once again we received a 1. We were all so excited and over flowing with joy and happiness.

In conclusion I just want to say that I hope when things seem like there just not worth it that you stick to it for a little while longer. You never know when something good might come out of it. This whole band deal is a prime example for my belief. Hard work really does pay off. Maybe not immediately, but eventually.