Katelyn - Tonganoxie, Kansas

Live, Laugh, Learn

Many different beliefs drive people’s lives. To me it is important to laugh everyday, and not to worry about what other people think of you, it’s what you think of yourself that matters the most. I have found this to be very true in my life.

There are many people in the world who laugh very little or not at all. Those are people who are depressed and think their life is the worst. Nobody’s life can be any worse according to them. That is really sad and I’m really glad I don’t live like that. People who laugh at least once a day are usually very happy people in life. They don’t think that their life is all that bad. Happier people usually succeed more. I have found that if you go into things with a positive attitude you are more likely to succeed than going into it with a negative attitude.

Secondly, it’s not what other people think about you in life that matters, but what you think about yourself. I have found this out in my life by watching people. For example, girls who are considered pretty and popular spend a lot of time worrying about what they look like. They are usually insecure about themselves inside, but they don’t let it show to others because they want to appear as stronger people. Girls that don’t worry about what other people think of them are usually the ones that feel good about themselves. They don’t get all caught up in superficiality.

I think these two things link together very well. If find that people who usually don’t laugh a lot are the ones that are always worrying about what other people think about them. They don’t ever think they are good enough so they aren’t happy with themselves. Other people think they are really pretty and popular but they don’t know the truth that they are really insecure and unhappy people. Those people that don’t worry about what other people think usually laugh a lot. I would say they laugh more because they aren’t worried about impressing others.

These are two important lessons I have learned in life. People sometimes say, “There’s no reason why somebody wouldn’t laugh al all in a whole day.” They are wrong though. There are some people that never laugh. They are either depressed, don’t think they are good enough, or they just think their life stinks. That’s why I try my hardest to laugh often. I don’t want to end up like some people and live a horrible life because I’m never happy. I try to look good but I don’t do it just because I’m afraid what other people will think of me. I don’t try to impress people because I would rather be myself and have people except me for being me and not acting fake around them. If I had to sum it all up in there words this is what I would say, “Live, laugh, and learn!”