Jackie - Lawrence, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem

Someone once said “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, soda can in one hand – chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO-HOO WHAT A RIDE!” This quotation struck me. You should live life to the fullest, use up every minute doing what you love to do.

This is important to me, because what time you waste you can never get back. If you spend your life planning every minute of every day instead of living for the moment your life becomes so busy and has no meaning to you. If you are so busy that you have no time for yourself, you are too busy.

I believe that God has a purpose for everyone in life; we just don’t know what it is. If you do what you know is right and what you love to do, over time your purpose will show itself. Embracing that purpose will allow you to live your life.

While living life to the fullest, I have noticed that struggles are meant to teach lessons to those to us.

At the end October, the day before the first Parent/Teacher conferences, my mom was letting me skip school so we could go pick up a quilt from my Great Aunt, Maxine. When we got there Maxine let me ride her 4-wheeler in her cattle pasture. I was able to take the 4-wheeler out twice that day. The second time I took it out I was going up a really steep hill in the pasture. The hill was so steep that the 4-wheeler started rolling back. When the 4-wheeler hit a log and flipped on its side I flew off and hit my head on a rock.

When I finally made it back to the house I couldn’t remember the day or where I was; my mom decided to take me to the hospital, since an ambulance couldn’t reach us. On the way to the hospital I quit breathing and almost died. I woke up and mom was freaking out. When we finally made it to the hospital, by ambulance, I was fine, but they took tests any way just to make sure. When we left, we went straight home and I slept for over twelve hours.

I fell off the 4-wheeler because I was living for the moment, which taught my mom a lifelong lesson – to live her life to the fullest.

When we are born life has many surprises in store for us, whether we like it or not. Some are good and some are bad, but if you live you’re life to the fullest, you’ll be happy about who you are and who you’ve become.