Emily - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem

See You Tomorrow. Or Not?

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, the smiling faces. Smell the rain, feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential and fight for your dreams.” (Ashley Smith). I believe that there is nothing better to do than to make the best of what you have and live life to the fullest extent.

Live life like there is no tomorrow. I bet someone has told you this before, but I take it to heart. Life is so unpredictable. God could take someone that you love. I didn’t really believe this saying until I experienced my grandma’s death. My grandma was one of the most important people in my upbringing. I loved her. We were at the hospital and the doctor scheduled a surgery for later in the week. Everyone left the hospital like we would see her the next day. The next morning we found out that an emergency surgery was taking place. While operating she went into a coma and never came out of it. I never got to tell her goodbye. I never realized how much she meant to me until that day. Ever since then, I live my life like there could potentially be no tomorrow.

If I live like there is no tomorrow, it helps me feel like I’ve regretted nothing. For example, hypothetically speaking, if you put off telling someone that you love them, and then they die suddenly in a car wreck. They will never know how you feel. If you would have lived life like there is no tomorrow, they would know how you feel. I never to live life with regrets and the tremendous question of, “What if…”

I believe that you should appreciate life. Enjoy the world around you. If you focus on all the good things about life, then all of the bad things go out the window.

As a famous woman once said, “I live life to the fullest extent and I don’t sweat the small stuff.” (Olivia Newton John). I believe that cherishing everyday of your life will make you a happier person. I believe you are cutting yourself short if you don’t live life to the fullest.