Chelsea - Tonganoxie, Kansas

Dancing With Your Heart

Most people dance at some point or another in their life. Do they really dance though? If you truly dance like there’s no tomorrow, then you dance with your heart.

When people watch dancing, they don’t want to see a sloppy, unorganized performance. I know from experience that watching people who are there dancing, but don’t really want to be there, doesn’t put much heart into their dancing. It then looks bad because it doesn’t draw you in. When you watch someone who puts a lot of heart into their dance they pull you in and you feel like your really there in the story.

There are other things that lead me to believe this. One of them is to try dancing with your heart when you dance. When I tried this for my self I got some surprising after effects. When I was all done performing and was able to talk to my family and friends, they noticed a difference in my dancing. I got a lot more compliments on how beautiful my dancing was. I’m sure that’s what it’s like for other people too.

When you dance like there’s no tomorrow, you put everything you have into that one dance and nothing else around you matters. It also makes it challenging and fun. You enjoy dancing more when you do it this way. When you enjoy dancing it comes from your heart. Other people notice this too.

I think music can you help you dance with your heart. If you hear a slow lyrical song that you can really relate to, that song sparks some emotions inside of you. You can then take those emotions and turn them into a great lyrical dance. It will be great because that dance is coming from your heart.

There is another great example of what I’m trying to say. If you have seen the movie Center Stage, then you know what I mean. In the movie there is this girl who doesn’t have the best technique in the class. When she goes to the audition though, she dances with her heart. They accept her in to the school even though she has bad dancing feet. She danced with her heart at the audition, so they enjoyed watching her perform. Through out the movie there is the problem surrounding her feet and the director of the company, he tells her this is bad because she won’t be able to get a job anywhere. At the end of the movie she does a dance and she dances with all of her heart, and the audience gives her a standing ovation. Dancing with your heart can mean the difference between a good and bad performance.

Dancing can mean many different things to many different people. That meaning though will never show through your dancing unless you dance like there is no tomorrow and if you dance with your heart.