Lauren - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: work

I Believe

“The more you achieve the more you will succeed.” For me this quote is a guiding force in my life. I believe the harder you work to reach your goals, the more likely you are to succeed at them. In my lifetime I’ve seen people conquer what they thought was impossible with a hard work.

Someone who has had a major influence on my belief and has helped me see that it’s really possible to succeed is my father, Mark. He grew up in a family of nine who were poor and didn’t have very much. They took whatever they could get. My father started working at the young age of eight. By the age of twelve he worked at the local lumberyard whenever he could which was all the time except when he was at school. As he grew older he worked even harder learning through all his job experiences to try and reach his goal in life, which was to be successful. To this day my father is still working hard to go beyond his goal. For me my father’s story has showed me and proved to me that if you work hard in life toward your goals then you’ll reach them or come close.

Dani Boatwright is another individual who’s showed me that something you believe is impossible can always be possible with some hard work. For example she was Miss America runner-up, so everyone thought of her as a girly girl who would’ve been voted out early on Survivor: Guatemala in which she appeared on. Before she appeared on the show, she started training by running all the time, working-out at the gym and by changing her diet to that of Guatemala. Dani also learned how to shoot a bow and how to catch a fish with her bare hands to prepare her for the show. She knew that it would all pay off in the end. As she competed on the show she found out all her training was worth it because in the end she won the million-dollar prize. She proved to me that hard work pays off.

I’ve proven that what Dani and my father’s stories have shown is true through my own experiences too. One example is that I’ve reached my goal of making a 4.0 GPA every year. I have worked hard even when I was tired and wanting to avoid my homework. I’ve studied for most of my test and turned in all in all my work. In all of my classes I try to stay on task and pay attention. By doing all of this I’ve been able to reach my goal of getting a 4.0 GPA every year.

In the end my father’s story and Dani’s story showed me what can be can be accomplished with a little bit of hard work. It shows me that I can reach goals I set by work hard and with discipline. It’s been proven that the harder you work the more likely you’re to achieve your goals. People have conquered the impossible with hard work and discipline.