Ashley - Montrose, Michigan
Themes: tolerance

I think that it is amazing that human beings are all the same species and share nearly identical in DNA and genetic material. With such significant similarities you’d think we’d all be pretty much the same in not only looks but in thought and action. Yet, when one takes a step back and looks at the country and the greater world, one can easily acknowledge the vast variety of cultures, races, personal beliefs and interests. With this in mind, it’s sometimes hard to believe we are all a part of the same species. Even though we are all so different, there is something besides genetic material that bonds us as a group. While we are living, most of us don’t just try to survive; we manage to find some way to make it meaningful. I believe beyond finding an adequate amount of food, a suitable shelter, and a mate to produce healthy offspring with, it is human nature to find some deeper source of contentment to give one’s life purpose. The problem to find happiness is that there is no specific definition to what happiness is and therefore no spelled out instructions on how to find it and furthermore to obtain it. In that perception, I can see where it would become one’s purpose in life to achieve this elusive sensation of fulfillment know as happiness.

My name is Ashly Germaine, a graduating high school senior just beginning my adult life and I believe that in order to have a meaningful, happy life you have to look inside yourself, I mean truly deeply inside yourself, past what anyone else would think of how you feel and find what truly and most greatly matters to you. Once you know what that is or have some idea what it might be, I believe you should try like crazy to obtain it and if you don’t know how, ask for help, and if you can’t get help from where your looking, look somewhere else or take the courage to try it yourself. Life’s too short to be afraid to take risks. We are not promised tomorrow or even the end of this day and I feel that is extremely important to keep that notion in mind if at the very least the farthest corner thereof.