Ariana - Clio, Michigan

I Believe

I was told to write an assignment on what I believe in. I thought to myself that I believe in a lot of things. But there’s one thing that I really believe in.

I have this dream of becoming something. I want to be a neurosurgeon. All my life this is what I’ve wanted to do. Well a few months back I met someone and my life has changed. My parents think I’m making a mistake of moving with him. They think I’m going to fail and that I won’t succeed in what I want to become. Recently, my boyfriend has had some doubts on if he is going to drag me down and that I won’t fulfill my dream. But to know that those that I love, have doubts about me, tears me up inside. To know that they have no faith in me, hurts inside. But I’m going to prove them all wrong. I’m going to prove to them and to myself that I can do what I have always dreamed of doing and nothing they say is going to change that.

I have this dream of one day becoming a doctor. I believe I can do this. I have this dream of marrying my boyfriend and creating miracles with him; of creating more dreams. Yes, it hurts for my loved ones to have doubts about what I’m doing and if I am going about it the right way. But I have a dream and I will fulfill it. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy. But I know I can work through my problems and move. I know I can make my drams come true and there’s nothing that can stand in my way.

I believe I will go to college and prove everyone wrong and become a neurosurgeon. I believe my dreams can come true as can any one else’s. I believe that anyone can achieve their dreams if they work hard to accomplish them. If you don’t work as hard as you think you can toward your dreams, then your dreams are going to diminish.