Victoria - Vassar
Themes: hope

I believe

I believe many things happen for a reason. I believe everyone has a purpose and that it will be conquered one way or another; all one has to do is try. Throughout my eighteen years of life I never really thought about what I believe until this point. I thought at first I believe “normal” theories just along with everyone else. But that soon was crashed when I could not think of what “normal” really was. I also believe that my family is dysfunctional and I am beautifully unique. Unlike anything ever imaginable I never would have believed myself to be as strong as I have become to this day. I may believe simple and I may believe big, but no matter the circumstances I believe anything is possible and that everything that happens to me happens to see how I will deal with it.

I believe attitude is a major part of life and it has a huge impact on how I will life through the rest of the day. Attitude is the one thing that can be controlled and has no barriers on how I will act that day. I never know what will happen to me or what will be thrown my way but, I do believe the more positive I stay the better off I will be. I truly think that attitude is one key indicator that cannot be changed about me. I am aware that I have am attitude problem. At times I may be temperamental and at times easy going, but most of all I try to remain positive; even if it kills me. When I wake up each morning it has become increasingly harder to stay positive when so much seems to be crashing down on me. Every time someone asks me, “How’s it going Vickie?” I reply simply with; “It’s going, I guess.” This is the point in the conversation that I usually hear people say to me, “Don’t worry things will get better.” That to me, I believe, to be a rhetorical statement. How is it that everyone has the right to say what will or will not get better in my life? Also, what is better? Well, first off I need to know what worse is, that way I can establish what better will be. Realistically I have never been told that things are bad so in theory it cannot get much better. In the end attitude is the main aspect that always turns me to believe things to be positive and know that no matter what is happening, or what is thrown my way, remain strong and everything will work out just fine.